"Insist on yourself; never imitate."
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
What We Do (And Do Not) Want
- Anything that pertains to the World of Darkness is acceptable. This means from any of the modules (Changeling, Hunter, Mage, Vampire, Werewolf, Wraith) and all the supplements in between. Poetry, artwo>rk, photography, short stories (anything longer will be posted in chapters throughout progressing issues), recounts of memorable roleplaying sessions, game modifications, chronicles, rants, reviews of gaming materials, and generally anything else that one could think of that has to do with the World of Darkness. All of these things must be original works! We will not be held responsible if you are charged on copyright infringement. Furthermore, we will not hesitate to point parties in the appropriate direction in the event they contact us in the pursuit of collecting dues.
- In the case of Rants & Reviews, we want well thought out columns. Do not send us an e-mail containing simply the words "Wraith sucks!" and expect us to post it. Tell us what it is you do (or don’t) like about whatever it is you’re writing about. Put some thought into it.
- We would like to see good spelling, but we realize that it is not everyone’s strong point. Thus, good spelling is not a requirement. We do, however, retain the right to spell check your work before posting it.
- We do not want just any fantasy story or gothic piece of art. It has to at least have some pertenance to the World of Darkness. This is a World of Darkness e-zine. If you want to post goth poetry or Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic, there are plenty of other places out there. Towards those ends, here are a few links to help move you in the right direction:
- Submissions should be sent via e-mail to this address: dvie[@]adventmud.org.
- All submissions must have a title. Yes, even artwork. Make the title short — four words or less that give a general idea of what the person will be looking at.
- You have the option of having your e-mail address posted with your work or remaining anonymous, but an active e-mail address, with which we can contact you, must be sent with the submission. This is done so that we can contact you in the event that problems arise regarding your work.
- Each submission must have a "Name of Author" attached, whether it be your real name, a nickname, a handle, or some other type of pseudonym. We ask that you try to keep pseudonyms unique. Submissions sent to us by "Caine" or "Malkav" will not be accepted.
- Artwork and Photography are allowed to be accompanied by captions (a poem, short story, or other explanation of what the picture is about). Submit the caption with the artwork — do not send us two different e-mails.
- If you would like certain customization in the way of font, color, and background for your piece, make a note of it in the e-mail containing your submission. Background colors may be to your specifications — background graphics are not accepted. Fonts that are allowed to be requested are system fonts only (Arial, Courier, Fixedsys, Modern, MS Sans Serif, MS Serif, System, Terminal, Times New Roman, ect.), we will not accept requests to format submissions with fonts that are not commonly found on most systems.
- Submissions must be in a format we can view. It would be helpful if you also noted in your e-mail what program andwhat version of said program you used to create the file in. We retain the right to change the file format of a graphic so that it is viewable in a web based browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.